Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is SO ready to wake up 3-4 times a night!

Isnt that the weirdest statement that you have ever heard! But it is so true! After my two boys I was so excited to be able to sleep all night! I remeber that first night that my youngest slept through the night I was so excited. Well it has been 2.5 years and I am SO ready to wake up in the middle of the night again. Will it happen? I pray everyday that it will. But only the lord knows what is in store for us at this point. I truly wake up everyday and I am so thankful for what I have been blessed with so far in my life. I love my family and my children are just the light of my life. But I cant help but feel that small peice missing from my heart.....my baby Reagan.
Things have been quiet lately. I often times wonder why it hasnt happened for us or why we are being put through all this waiting and heartache. There is a lesson in this and I am trying to figure out what that lesson is everyday. I have been told by so many people that the heartache and waiting is so worth it when you look into the eyes of your child, I know this to be true because I experienced that for 24 hours back in July. I look so forward to that feeling again.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am also ready to have those late night feedings again! Hopefully someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll learn what the lessons are after she is home. I know that's how it was for me, anyhow. After she was home a short time I began to realize what I was learning along the way.

    I remember just a few weeks before learning about Isabel I started waking up hearing a baby cry. It was the best and worst feeling as I was at my lowest in our adoption journey. I remember telling a non adoptive mom about it and she thought I was crazy and just didn't get it. Didn't understand the longing that was behind it.

    Praying that very very very soon you will be talking about those middle of the night feedings.

    ReplyDelete