Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The love for your child.

Can anyone even put this thought into words? It is so hard. The love you have for your child is like nothing you could even explain. For me it was love at first site for both, I couldnt take my eyes off of them and even now 3 and 4 years later I still cant. You have a desire to protect them, care for them, love them, and give them the world. For those that are waiting on an adoption situation and you dont have any children know that wether you have given birth to those children or not it is always love at first site. I have given birth to two and know from previous failed placements that I fall in love with my "adopted child" just as easily as I did with my birth children. It is such a wonderful feeling. Children are so precious and each life is such a miracle how could you not fall madly in love with them.
Today my youngest son had an out patient surgery. I hated seeing him go through the unknown of preparing for surgery and it took all I had not to cry as I held his hand when they are putting him to sleep. Of course now that the surgery is over I want to hold him in my arms and not let him up until I know he is healed completely but I guess I cant do that. He tends to remind me that "he is not a baby!" :)
Being a parent is awesome and I am so blessed to have two and waiting on my third.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your little guy is okay. It's never easy to see them hurting.

    I love my daughter and would do anything for her. But for me it was not love at first sight. It took awhile for me. I think partly because it happened so quickly for us and I put up a wall that I had to let down. I had a hard time believing it was real. That she was really my daughter. I also couldn't stop thinking about her birthmom. I wondered if she was okay or regretted her decision. It wasn't until after we asked her and she immediately said she didn't regret it that I let myself fall in love with her as her mommy.
    So if your princess comes home and you don't fall in love at first sight don't worry. It doesn't always happen that way. But you know it will happen.

    ReplyDelete