Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Due Date in the horizon

As you can see from our adoption time line we have been matched with a birth mom. We have been patiently awaiting the arrival of a baby girl. Now that patience has ended. We are anxiously awaiting her arrival. Baby girl should be born in the next 2 weeks. We are hoping to know soon if she is going to be induced. As we sit on the edge of our third match/placement those nervous feelings are flooding back. We are cautious and yet so excited.
Baby's suitcase is already packed, it has actually been packed for awhile. I never unpacked it from our 2 other failed matches. I just threw it in the closet and knew that one day we would be needing it again and here we are. I cleaned the stroller and the carseat. My oldest son was asking me what I was doing the whole time! Did I have the heart to tell him no, I just told him that it was a little dirty and I needed to clean it. He is too young to completely understand what is happening.
The thoughts flowing through my mind right now? Will the BM change her mind? If she does can my heart take another punch?
I told my sister yesterday that God already knows what is going to happen in the next two weeks. There is nothing that I do today or tomorrow that will change his plan. I need to sit back, take a deep breath, and put all my faith in his decisions.
I am so grateful to have been able to talk to our BM weekly throughout this process. I have come to admire her and care for her so much.
My prayer for today: God please bring peace and strength to our birth mother as she endures the hardest decision she will ever have to make. Please also bring peace and strength to my husband and I as we lay our heart out once again in the hopes that we will meet our daughter.

4 comments:

  1. So exciting! I remember being so scared and so excited all at the same time. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you to be this close. Although it sounds like you've been down this road before I'll be praying this one goes all the way and you bring your princess home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    You don't know me, but I'd love to be in contact with you. My name is Harmony and I got your blog address from a link in Heart to Heart Adoption's blog. I hope it's okay I contact you in this manner.

    Looks like you must be busy, with a new baby on the way (congratulations!). Now might not be the best time for you, but if you have a few moments I'd love it if you could drop me an email. I have a lot of questions about Heart to Heart. We are trying to switch agencies and I'm trying to get a feel as to how this one fares against the rest. Would you recommend them?

    If you get a chance, my email address is harmonyfr@hotmail.com. If you're too busy I definitely understand!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete