Sunday, May 10, 2009

Crabs!







I am happy to say we had our first crab feast on Saturday. It is a big event in my family. See I grew up running up and down piers, riding in boats, chasing and catching lighting bugs, and swimming in the river! Yes the river. Anyone who has grown up in Virginia has been to the river and some even live on the river. I was one of the lucky ones, both of my grandparents had a house on the river and both sets of my parents now have a house on the river. It is definitely a way of life! The "rivah" folk are seen laying in old T-shirts and capris/shorts (nothing ever matches!) laying on the pier enjoying the breeze coming off the water. You will also find us picking crabs, eating oysters, and the open door policy always in play. It is a relaxed way of life and no one can replace it!
My sister and her husband pictured above enjoying the crabs- caught off the pier!
I love knowing that my children will grow up with such wonderful memories as I have from a childhood on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment